Re: [tlug] Understanding TLUG

On 15/08/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Dave M G wrote:
>
> > They have a system where you can mark a posting of yours as a question. Then,
> > as people reply, you can mark responses as either "helpful" or having
> > answered your question.
>
> I'd love to see it. I can tell that my posts are "helpful" in their
> area, but I truly wonder whether more than a very small minority of
> people on this list care much about that area.

Just implement a little service that accepts emails with some tag that
you define for marking a post helpful (or unhelpful or off-topic or
something). Have a web app that provides live reporting, and then post
the instructions here. If the system proves interesting and useful, we
can consider deploying it officially.

Note to the peanut gallery: this is the way to get neat things done
for TLUG: just do it, then tell us. :)

--
Cheers,
Josh