Re: [tlug] Re: [CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

Nguyen Vu Hung writes:

 > That holds for Vietnam war. I am not old enough to know but my father
 > told so :D.
 > In this case, the "elders" are America and USSR.

And Ho Chi Minh and your namesake Nguyen Van Thieu, not to mention Ngo
Dinh Diem and the French and their puppets.

I'll grant that Ho Chi Minh (like Saddam Hussein, originally a
recipient of American aid, be it noted) is justly loved and honored by
his people, but in the end he planned and boys and girls died, more
because they trusted him than because they'd thought about what they
were doing.  AFAICS Vietnam is just lucky that in the end it got Ho
Chi Minh and not, say, Pol Pot or Nguyen Van Thieu.

It's a shame he had to be a Communist, though.  The Vietnamese people
deserve to have an economy about 4 decades more advanced, and
Communism looks to be responsible for about 10 years of that....