Re: [tlug] Re: [CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

On 13/08/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

> [1] I am not saying that all FSF people are zealots, simply
> that there are zealots among them.  You don't get near as
> many zealot types on the Open Source side of the house as you
> do on the Free Software side. :P

I think the real reason for the divide is idealism versus pragmatism,
with RMS being on one side and Linus on the other. I have written
about this before, but I dunno how relevant this remains:

http://www.jmglov.net/opensource/manifesto.html

If this is interesting, I may have time to clean it up and submit it
to TLUG for a tiger-clawing. :)

--
Cheers,
Josh