Re: [tlug] Jp Text Input w/Wine

Lyle H Saxon wrote:

Another warning.  I have been experimenting with WINE a little on Kubuntu 7.04.

I got IrfanView working, and also English OpenOffice (stop the
missiles - it's a test box and I tried it out just to see if it would
work, and also because the default OpenOffice is the Japanese version)
and EditPad Pro.  Both EditPad Pro and OpenOffice work, but if you
activate Japanese text input you get flashing boxes, instability and
crashing applications.

I received the following about two weeks ago as part of an exchange about similar problems with Wine on another list.

I have also been playing with Kubuntu 7.04, which is why the questions about a lack of Japanese support in Xandros has stopped ... at least temporarily.

--
CL