Re: [tlug] Positive Promotion of Linux

On 8/12/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> Well, I will take exception to the "Windows is free" one, at least in
> the context of this mailing list. The eponymous article by Dave[1]
> does not claim that Windows is free, it posits that users *perceive*
> Windows as being free, and that such a perception is a big problem for
> people trying to advocate Linux.
>
> You and Dave are on the same side, I swear.

I know! I know!!!  I was never against what Dave said!  I was never
against the statement "Windows is perceived as being free".  What I
found to be wrong was the statement by *someone else* that "Microsoft
is free".

Dave - did you think I was not in agreement with your article?  I am
in agreement with it!  It's not the exact way I would have written it,
but I think it's a great article and I agree.

Lyle