Re: [tlug] [IME] :P Which IME does everyone use?

Lyle H Saxon wrote:
For the transcribing, I used software that came with my Olympus
IC-recorder, which unfortunately only runs on brand-W.  I used that
software for a simple, but very important feature - it allows you to
pause/play and cue/review via the function keys.  Come to think of it
- it's such a simple thing - it must be duplicated by something in the
Linux world.  Any suggestions?  I don't have to often transcribe
recordings, but when I do, that functionality (not with the mouse, it
needs to be the function keys) is vital when there is any quantity of
text to be typed up.

Lyle

I think both Olympus and Sony have a proprietary audio format. I was looking ito this for use in class and Sony says "will play back mp3" on their top end recorder but I think record must be accessed via their software which will allow you to save as a .wav. I'd be really hapy to hear I'm wrong.

Steve S.