RE: [tlug] [IME] :P Which IME does everyone use?

That was part of what I was complaining about.
For me, doing that is not so hard, but for the
average user, who doesn't know an RC file from
an email...  Not so good ^^;

> In openoffice, I made sure to pick a Japanese font.  Did you do that?
> (You being Ken, not Steve.)
Until jumping through the appropriate hoops, the IME
icon in the task bar is totaly greyed out while an
OpenOffice window is active, and changing fonts does
not change that.  It tends to be unresponsive to the
hotkeys as well.

:P  Gedit on the other hand works just fine. hehehehe

> Also did you add support for Japanese in Tools, Options, Languages?
> (I think that's it, I'm back in FreeBSD and in console and too lazy to
> startx right now.  Otherwise, it's Options, Tools, Languages.)
That is a must on any package based system. ^_^
Done.

I have experienced those issues under Feisty, and under older
versions of Ubuntu.  Ran into the same problems under Debian
as well.  It is quite possible that the new package is better
built.  I hope so! ^_^

UIM seems to work just fine so far.  I will play with it a
little more.  Prime seems easily trained as well. ^^
My only issue is that it is not as easy at first to tell
whether you are in hirigana or katakana mode. :P

SCIM when it works, seems to work more intuitively.  :)
I am hoping that everything improves all arround.
hehe
^_^