Re: [tlug] [IME] :P Which IME does everyone use?

burlingk@example.com wrote:
SCIM packages for Debian and Ubuntu should
recreate the package so that it installs
all the settings needed to work out of the
box.
 Especially since Ubuntu
is geared towards being average-user-friendly.

For me it did work out of the box on 7.04 Ubuntu. I did have to go into the gnome gui under preferences to tweak selections, but I don't remember doing any thing else. I don't think I had to restart SCIM either -- so maybe the applet took care of this -- although I may have rebooted (old dosish habit) when things didn't work as expected. In any case -- I didn't edit anything.

Steve S.