Re: [tlug] [IME] Which IME does everyone use?: SCIM and Centos, RHEL, Fedora

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 10:39:01PM -0400, jep200404 wrote:
> Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
>
> > (until recently, both CentOS and Fedora would have,
> > had I chosen Japanese support, installed kinput2 and canna--
> > I don't know what they do now.)
>
> It kinda looks like Centos has gone whole hog to SCIM.
> Of course, I expect the same from RHEL and Fedora.

I would think so--I think that CentOS usually follows them.  I just did
a CentOS install, but as that was a server, I wasn't about to ask my new
boss to allow Japanese support.  :)

> >>From a CJK Centos 5 installation:
> scim-1.4.4-39.el5
> scim-anthy-1.2.0-5.el5
> scim-hangul-0.2.2-7.fc6
> scim-qtimm-0.9.4-5

> [test@example.com ~]$ rpm -qa | grep -i canna
> [test@example.com ~]$ locate -i canna
> /usr/share/doc/selinux-policy-2.4.6/html/services_canna.html
> /usr/share/scim/Anthy/style/canna.sty
> [test@example.com ~]$ locate -i kinput2
> [test@example.com ~]$

Yup, I think that it's time to revise my Japanese in Linux page again.
(The wiki post I made just dealt with scim, so that can stay as is.)

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Xander: So, we Bronzin' it tonight?
Willow: Wednesdays, kinda beat...
Xander: Well, we could grind our enemies into talcum powder with
a sledgehammer, but, gosh, we did that last night.