Re: [tlug] [IME] Which IME does everyone use?: SCIM and Centos, RHEL, Fedora

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 09:45:59PM -0400, jep200404 wrote:
> Marty Pauley wrote:
>
> > I had a look at scim because it had some good publicity and Ubuntu
> > picked it for the default.
>
> SCIM is also the default of Centos, which means that it's almost
> certainly the default for RHEL and Fedora also.

I just installed Fedora at work.  Scim was installed by default, though
I hadn't chosen Japanese support (until recently, both CentOS and Fedora
would have, had I chosen Japanese support, installed kinput2 and
canna--I don't know what they do now.)

However, to get it working, I then had to install scim-anthy and anthy.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: Okay, well, how long before you un-crypt it?
Willow: Hours. Days maybe. Anyone suggesting months would not
be accused of crazy talk.