[tlug] [RFC] Proposed method for TAGGING subjects

Edward Middleton writes:

 > Some examples from current messages.
 >
 > [RFC] Which [IME] does everyone use
 > [Q][C&C] How to use [FIREFOX] shortcuts

The embedded tags make me cringe.  I doubt I'll ever be willing to use
them.

 > Type tags
 >
 > [Q] asking a question
 > [FYI] informational post, possible without initial context

I don't think these two are very useful; if a subject doesn't indicate
them plainly, the thought police should make a gentle (ie, no compound
fractures should result) suggestion as to how it should be edited.

 > [RFC] requesting feedback on an issue

Not merely an "issue", but a concrete proposal intended for
execution, probably using TLUG resources.

 > [ANN] an announcement
 > [C&C] contains a joke
 > [OT] material outside the scope of this mailing list.

These are all traditional and useful, although I think it would be
more in keeping with our general old curmudgeon BOFH stance to omit
C&C and rot13 the offensive content instead. :-)

 > [P-CODE] relating to programming in general

I meant the P-languages (modern? scripting languages); if it's
programming in general, this could be shortened to CODE.