[tlug] Re: Email encoding for DoCoMo and AU (was: font/char set question)

On 07/08/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> You claim that AU *should* handle UTF-8 in email, and I certainly
> believe you, but here is at least one (corner?) case where it does not
> work.

Interesting. I triggered a Google Calendar invite mail to both keitai
(DoCoMo D903i and AU WIN W41-H), and both came through perfectly.

Then I tried sending two more emails to my AU WIN phone, both in
UTF-8, one just Japanese and the other Japanese and English mixed
(both had plain ASCII subject lines), and both were 文字化け。

I wonder what gives? I have copied the successful email to my MiniSD
card so I can examine the headers, but that will have to wait.

Back to work, Josh!

--
Cheers,
Josh