RE: [tlug] Suggestions for splitting of mails?

<Snip a lot of info about suggested sub-mailing-lists for a lot of things>

> Any comments welcome. If there is already an established
> procedure decided on by the committee (and they feel it is
> working), so be it.

***Note:  Following are my comments and ideas.
   Don't blame others for them. :P ***

This idea has some good and bad points.  The good
points you have already listed.  As for the bad,
it would require a lot more work on the part of
our leadership.

As for political things, the Open Source and
Free Software movements are a matter of ideals.
This means that by their very nature they are
very political.  There is not a lot to divide it.

Occasionaly things come up that step on someone's
toes, and it is up to us as individuals to try to
decide how to handle that.  Most of the time the
threads bounce back and forth, and no one gets
overly offended.  We are techies though many of us,
so occasionaly a post will sound like we took offence,
but that is just us getting overly analytical and
posting exactly what comes to mind without edits. :P

As for "The Committee," you are talking to them.
We are a very democratic group.  If you want to
make your proposal "more official" then subscribe
to the tlug-admin mailing list and post there. :-)

The LUG's president has final say on most things,
but will generaly leave things to democratic process
as long as things don't degenerate too far. :-)

We are a Linux mailing list, and many of us ARE
here for semi-political reasons (in that we want
to spend time with people who share similar views).
The whole democratic process thing is a part of that.

:-)

> ...dons fire-proof suit.
> --

Don't worry, I would not worry about to much
in the way of fallout from this one.  :-)
You see something you think of as an issue,
so you voiced your oppinion, and were not
super rude about it.  :-)  People will either
agree or disagree, but I would not expect a
nasty package in the mail or anything like that.
:-)

--
Ken