Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?

On 06/08/07, Brett Robson <tlug@example.com> wrote:

> Josh Glover wrote:
>
> > I hope you know my comment was not aimed at you. And I hope the OP was
> > being tongue in cheek and I am just too sensitive. :)
>
> That was me (ld1-0007), posting via a webmail.

I know it was you, Fredo.

> I was intentionally being ironic/sarcastic which should have been obvious based
> on  context

Read the above; I was hoping that you were and I had misinterpreted
your statement.

> if you knew who I was.

Mate, that is your job; we *don't* know you. You've been on the list
for a long time, but I for one have never met you in person, and we
know how poor email is for conveying context necessary for humour
(especially irony and sarcasm).

Hence the use of smileys, which are mildly irritating, but I've not
seen a better system. Feel free to use a </sarcasm> tag or something
when you think there is a chance that someone might misunderstand you.

I apologise, for my part, for not giving you more of the benefit of the doubt.

> What I really meant was "Don't blame me that you  grew up American
> (surrounded by American beer)".

This statement proves that you know nothing about American beer. :)

--
Cheers,
Josh