[tlug] My first keitai in Japan

Hey everyone, I just picked up my first keitai here in Japan. I was seduced into it. It has 1seg. I couldn't stop myself. I am weak.

I settled on the FOMA F9041 (Symbian 8.1). I have never worked with these types of phones before and know very little regarding the techniques used to access them through Linux. I have been researching the openobex, gnokii, gammu projects. Probably due to its newness, the F904i (though other 8.1 are supported) isn't listed for any of these projects as supported devices. But before I head off in the wrong direction I was hoping that one of you might have had experience with these types of phones.

A few details: I have a USB sync cable. The phone, nor my PC, support bluetooth. I am going to pick up a microSD card today that will allow me to transfer media, but I am really looking to eventually sync contacts, schedules, etc. I just need to get it talking to my system.

dmesg output:

 usb 3-2: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3

And lsusb returns vendor / product descriptions of the device. I am really green in the world of Linux <-> keitai communications, so please forgive my ignorance of the topic. A gentle nudge in the right direction will be a great help.

Also, I had a great time at the last nomikai / meeting and I am looking forward to the 17th.

Thanks,
Sam