Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?

On 8/1/07, jep200404 <jep200404@example.com> wrote:
> Godwin Stewart wrote:
>
> > What are the conventions in Japan?
>
> They drive on the wrong side of the road.

Not from an Aussie perspective they don't :-)

Which reminds me of a story (true and scary one at that). I was
chatting with this bloke from the U.S. and he was irate at how
"arrogant" the Japanese were. Specifically how they think they are the
centre of the world. To make his point he showed me a map of the world
that had Japan firmly centre aligned. I pointed out that this was not
an indication that Japan was the centre of the world, but simply a
recognition that Australia was. I did not bother to tell him the Earth
was no longer flat as at this stage I started to think he was some
kind of "young Earther"[1].

Regards, Keith

[1] http://www.creationists.org/