Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?

burlingk@example.com wrote:
When I got to Japan, someone assured me that Asahi made
a good beer.  I quickly decided that it was better than
most American beers, but I still could not drink it. ^^;;

The first beer I ever tasted that was actually drinkable
was the House Brew at Tengu in Shimbashi.  They have a
Similar brew on tap at the other Tengu locations.  It
has a definite barley taste to it. ^_^

I'm coming to Japan for a couple of months in the middle of September. Is there a list of the good pubs in Tokyo somewhere?

This sounds like good fodder for the wiki.

I live in Santa Rosa, CA -- North of San Francisco. Within walking distance of my house there are two brew-pubs, a third pub that carries almost nothing but local brews, good British beer and Guiness, and we have an Irish style pub opening within the month.

Steve S.