Re: font/char set question: Chinese Amazon charset: Autodetect: Not! . . . . . . . [tlug]

Josh wrote:

> [Jim] wrote:

> >    [jep@example.com ~]$ wget -S -O /dev/null http://amazon.cn/ 2>&1 | grep Vary
> >      Vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent
> >    [jep@example.com ~]$
>
> Seems like it attempts to auto-detect charset on a per-UserAgent
> basis, would you concur?

That makes sense to ignorant me, but amazon.cn seems to ignore
my browser's language settings. Setting my browser for ja,
ko-kr, ko, vi, en, or bn, I get the same Chinese no matter what.
At least it seems to be traditional.
Amazon.jp seems to always generate only Japanese,
regardless of browser settings.