Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

On 28/07/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

> Read it with a crytical eye, watching for grammar and spelling issues.
> Read it for content to make sure it says what you wanted to say.
> Then after that, look at the flow.  ^_^ Does it flow the way
> you want it too.

This is great advice, but what you seem to be assuming is that Dave
has not done any of this, which he has stated over and over that he
has.

> I personally like to look over my own text quite a few times
> before putting it before the public.  I also like to get a
> few people to look it over for me and give their input.  ^_^

Please go back and read this thread, and count the times that Dave has
said "I've been over this, run it by people to get their feedback, and
I'm happy with it".

It is your call whether *you* are happy with it, but it is Dave's call
to ignore your feedback or incorporate it to see fit.

And frankly, I'd be pretty annoyed too if a list of people was trying
to give me Writing 101-level tips after I stated that I had the
article edited to my satisfaction.

If Dave wants to, he may solicit the services of a professional or
talented amateur editor. I myself would be happy to provide such
services, for the cost of my time. I am sure other TLUGgers would
either volunteer or make similar offers. But Dave does not seem
interested, so let's stop beating the dead horse, shall we?

Join tlug-admin and vote "yes" or "no". For reference, a first draft
of the article submission process is here:

http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/Articles:Policies:Process

--
Cheers,
Josh