Re: [tlug] Post my article on tlug.jp?: Who's view does it represent?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Byrne" <jonathan@example.com>
To: tlug@example.com
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 5:14:32 AM (GMT+0900) Asia/Tokyo
Subject: Re: [tlug] Post my article on tlug.jp?: Who's view does it represent?

On 7/27/2007, "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

>>No, I have to take exception to that.  We do not yet have policy for
>>these things, and we will need one.
>
>+5 Insightful.

hah good one!

>If we're going to publish articles - especially ones that are more
>editorial than technical -  rather than argue over Dave's piece, the
>best thing to do is to step back from this and establish an editorial
>board to come up with some standards (standards to be ratified by the
>elected TLUG officers). Once said board is in place, it can then decide
>whether to publish it or not, and anything else that comes our way in
>the future.

I could not agree more. This is correct and professional way to approach editorial content for the web site. Technical content should go in the wiki and checked that it is technically correct, then sent to the editorial board. IMHO

>Of course, this also opens the can of bandwidth worms a little wider...

Naugh but I think it would make for a great debate and discussion at the next technical meeting.
I would be willing to host it.

E./

Thoughts?

Jonathan