Re: [Resend] Re: [tlug] Translation

On Jul 26, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

You can keep terminology consistent in an easier way-> OmegaT
matches the words to translate to a glossary you provide.

OmegaT automatically translates identical sentences and proposes
you translations based on similarity with what you have already
translated (or with reference translations you use).

<Snip>

The problem is that the ppl want to translate literature here and CAT doesn't really work with literature. It's good for all stuff were general translation works but not really for literature…

I have to agree. Literature is an art. If you use a machine to do all of the translation, then things are quickly lost in the process. We want the flow of a story.

Computer aided stuff is cool for tech manuals, but not
so good for art. :)

What is a text editor but a computer aided translation tool ?

OmegaT _also_ offers functions that help the technical writer :)

The search function for ex is better than most of what you'll find in any text editor.

But I am _really_ not trying to sell you this project :)

JC