Re: [tlug] Japanese in Xandros

Keith Bawden wrote:
On 7/18/07, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

Can you please post the output of the following command here:

cat /var/lib/locales/supported.d/local

I'm assuming this is the correct location as Xandros is based on Debian.

cat: /var/lib/locales/supported.d/local: No such file or directory

Don't know about you but that makes me say "Hmmm..."

Also, you could try the following command (as root) and see if you are
presented with a list of locales to choose from. If you are then
choose anything with a "JP" in it and what else grabs your fancy:

dpkg-reconfigure locales

Did that. Got the menu. Selected:

ja_JP.EUC-JP EUC-JP
ja_JP.UTF.8 UTF-8

but ignored a whole bunch of other pre-selects that I can't see a need for in this lifetime only to keep things as close to original as possible for a few more minutes.

I then ran

locale-gen

When it asked me which I wanted to be default, I selected ja_JP.UTF-8 UTF-8 but do not know what problems I may now have created for myself.

I am feeling as though I should reboot after I send this.  Wish me luck ...

--
CL