Re: [tlug] Open Office Kanji problem

On 15 juil. 07, at 11:29, steven smith wrote:

Hi

I just opened Open Office for the first time.  It doesn't
seem to handle Kanji.   I used Koichi Mincho font and in a
straight text file this works fine.   This is in Open Office
2.2  as installed with the Ubuntu 7.04 release right out of
the box.A  I get some nice little boxes but no text.
Cut/past from Firefox behaves the same.

Try selecting the right font for your text.

Although that should not be necessary. Even on OSX with OOo/X11 I get the kanjis displayed, without having to select the fonts and in a non- Japanese locale.

Jean-Christophe Helary