[tlug] Open Office Kanji problem

Hi

I just opened Open Office for the first time.  It doesn't
seem to handle Kanji.   I used Koichi Mincho font and in a
straight text file this works fine.   This is in Open Office
2.2  as installed with the Ubuntu 7.04 release right out of
the box.A  I get some nice little boxes but no text.
Cut/past from Firefox behaves the same.

I did a google and didn't find anything.

Please don't spend too much time on this.  I should post to
Ubuntu and Open Office with the problem, but if you
recognize it, please let me know.

Gotta run.  They're celebrating Obon in Sebastopol -- 15
miles from here and I gotta meet some friends.

Thanks
Steve S.