Re: [tlug] "Locale" urrrgh

On 13/07/07, Keith Bawden <keith@example.com> wrote:

I personally like either dd/mm/YYYY or YYYY/mm/dd. to me these make
more sense to me as they progress from a smaller to larger unit of
measure in order (or decrease).

Agreed.

The U.S. format makes not sense to me:
 Months ---> days --> YEARS....

And worse than this, it pollutes the European style with its idiocy, making dates like this completely ambiguous:

1/12/2007
12/1/2007

Are these both the same day, one in the US format and one in the
European, or are they both US--meaning January 12th and December 1st,
respectively--or are they both European--meaning December 1st and
January 12th, respectively? Who the hell knows?

Oh, and *plonk*

--
Cheers,
Josh