Re: [tlug] Interesting Hans Reiser article in Wired

On 11/07/07, Pietro Zuco <drzuco@example.com> wrote:

I wonder if "geeks" are really so discriminated?
I had never feel some discrimination because I played roll games or
stay nights and days in front of my computer...
In US are geeks so discriminated?

I actually feel the opposite. The dot.bomb era make it cool to be a geek, and the crash did not seem to affect that.

I personally think Hans Reiser's version of reality is significantly
different than the illusion / waking dream that most of us share.
Whether he is guilty of murder is something that only a jury can say
(well, assuming they get it right), but I think it is safe to say that
he is guilty of paranoia.

Of course, as we learned from Nirvana, just because you're paranoid
doesn't mean they're not after you.

--
Cheers,
Josh