Re: [tlug] Geeky Sci-Fi

 On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:23:49 +0900,
 "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> wrote
 in <d8fcc0800707070123l3965ace9kd5e6cf717621a2f0@example.com>:

> > Not bad, but I almost closed the tab when he equated the "Saudi
> > Royals" with militant Islam.  "Oh when will [we] ever learn?"
>
> Ah, I was reading so fast that I missed the meaning of that.
>
> You are absolutely right; militant Islam hates the Saudi
> royals *more* than the Western devils, because the Saudis
> welcome the infidels into the Dar al Islam. Which is, of
> course, strictly verboten\Wthe Arabic word for verboten.

Do remember however, that the story is written from the
point of view of the character, not the author.  Most
outsiders don't know that much about that part of the world.
The author can likely be included just as much as the character.

Most people don't know the difference between The Nation of Islam,
and Saudi Arabia, much less the different factions that operate
in that part of the world.  I am not trying to be inflamatory,
I am just trying to remind you that most of the world is
Ignorant of what goes on in that part of the world.  I myself am
not overly well informed for that matter.

gomenne.

---
Ken