Re: [tlug] Switching from UIM to SCIM

On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 11:54:32AM +0900, Charles Muller wrote:
> UIM-Anthy on my Debian testing system suddenly disappeared, apparently
> due to some presently broken dependencies. I figured I would take this
> opportunity to try out SCIM, which seems to be more popular.
>
> I installed all the SCIM-related packages listed on the various SCIM
> pages, as well as SKIM, since I am using KDE. Also, following the
> directions on this page

did you try im-switch?
It should be able to do most of the work for you.

> http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~apricots/scim-anthy-0.3.1/howto.html
>
> I also put this code in my .i18n file:

afaik this isn't sourced anymore

> I also created /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim like this:

and this is managed by im-switch

> the key combinations to start SCIM-Anthy input. But I still can't get
> any kanji input in Mozilla or KDE apps.

I have en_GB.UTF-8 as default language and scim as input method, the
only supplemental environment variable I'm exporting in my ~/.xsession
is LC_CTYPE=ja_JP

--
mattia
:wq!