Re: [tlug] [OT] Web hosting recommendations?

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, Darren Cook wrote:

Thanks! Does anyone have a list for outside Japan? Perhaps specifically
for PHP+MySQL?

Dreamhost does this, as well as a heck of a lot of other stuff. The reliability is not truly brilliant, but not horrible, either. (We often see our sites go down for half a minute or so once day.) They have the advantage of being dirt cheap and quite featureful.

You can check out www.dreamhoststatus.com to see what tends to break.
Keep in mind when you look at it, a cluster going down is just one of
a couple of dozen or so. Their reliability may look worse than others
because I suspect that they report more of their outages.

Also, they do have a 97-day money back gurantee.

If you want, I can probably give you a promo code that will get you a
discount (though you can probably find your own if you look around).
Drop me a private e-mail if you want one.

cjs