Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

>  > There are plenty out there, including a lot of university students who
>  > are writing quality code but wasting half the effort by releasing as
>  > GPL.
>
> I'm with JC.  Why do you see that as a waste?

Only "half" wasted. It will be useful to people. But, I personally feel
half the effort is wasted because the software will need to be
re-invented when someone needs it in a more liberal license, or (more
likely) for a commercial implementation.

Darren

--
Darren Cook
http://dcook.org/mlsn/ (English-Japanese-German-Chinese free dictionary)