Re: [tlug] iptables - Tools for easy configuration

On 03/07/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

Blocking outbound packets that claim that they're not from internal
networks is a good thing.

Yep, I do that. :)

Oh, yeah, I guess I should say, I trust the *people* inside the
firewall, but not the hosts they use.

Right.

I am actually am OK with proxying all outbound traffic; if it don't
run on HTTP[S] or go through my mail server, my users don't need it.

Of course, it causes me much personal pain when I run into a sysadmin
that shares my mindset, and I am on the Great Unwashed side of the
fence. ;)

--
Cheers,
Josh