Re: [tlug] Open Source Developers and Users Survey

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:

Motivation of software developers in Open Source projects....

The motives of 141 contributors to a large Open Source Software (OSS)
project (the Linux kernel) was explored.....

Ok. So let me show you my (Gedankenexperiment) study:

    The motives of 141 people beliving in social democracy was explored
    by interviewing members of the Communist Party of the Soviet
    Union....

Ten years before Richard Stallman started writing gcc, people were
giving away source code to their apps to all and sundry, and with fewer
restrictions.

cjs