Re: [tlug] Vim users, help me get my syntax highlighting working, please?

On 28/06/07, Keith Bawden <keith@example.com> wrote:

set background=dark

Actually, Vim is smart enough to figure that out from my .Xdefaults.

Also, you can change colour schemes as follows (where darkblue is the
name of scheme you want to use)[1]

colorscheme darkblue

This is neat, but I want my colours to be exactly like XEmacs. I ended up doing this:

: jglover@example.com; cat ~/.vim/after/syntax/syncolor.vim
if &background == "light"
 highlight comment ctermfg=darkgreen guifg=darkgreen
else
 highlight comment ctermfg=green guifg=green
endif

hi Comment    ctermfg=white
hi String     ctermfg=Brown
hi Statement  ctermfg=Yellow