[tlug] (off topic) Open source 'leaving Asia behind'

Having some experience with customer complaints in Japan I can affirm
that there is no shyness about feedback per se. The circumstances in
which it is allowed are certainly differently defined from the US and
Western Europe (I don't want to speak for other regions), but within
those restrictions,well, pretty much anything goes ... ah yes,
remembering the otaku at live concert performances :-) I'm still
unsure about whether it is true that there is less distinction between
a person and their opinion in Japan (East Asia?), but if true, it
might explain why in an environment where one is expected to put one's
entire self to the grindstone, feedback is the rule, whereas in
"outside" environments one does not do so, unless anonymously.
--
Gernot Hassenpflug