Re: [tlug] Desktop Wars Query

>> To tell the truth, the main reason I use KDE underneath IceWM is that
>> if I don't, my Konsole windows won't be translucent
>
> You need ICE to do translucent? I am not using it that I am aware of
> and I get translucent option but mostly only in menus

Sorry, I wasn't that clear: I'd prefer to just run plain IceWM, without
the resource-hogging desktop environment, but without KDE running, I
can't get the translucency.  I consider it a bug, and have added
comments to a report of it, but I get the feeling no one's in a hurry
to fix it.

To be clearer: I run KDE *with* IceWM, i.e. in place of KDE's native
window manager.

> and konsole which BTW rules all other terminal emulators :-)

Heh :-)  Hope this doesn't start a flame war :-)

> With 60 + servers I am sure I would be lost trying to keep track of
> them all w/o the re-nameable tabs.

Indeed... I'm a tab junkie as well. I rarely need to have more than one
Konsole at a time.  I'd love to have a way to rename tabs automagically
whenever I ssh to somewhere, or logout of an ssh session, and have
looked into this a bit, but haven't come up with a working solution. If
you have one, please share!

Dave