Re: [tlug] Desktop Wars Query

On 25/06/07, Phillip Tribble <phillip.tribble@example.com> wrote:

I would like to hear from the most experienced users (ie. Gentoo,arch
LFS, Josh) on what environment they use. I find the ones without a
desktop to be rather annoying.

Then you might find my answer annoying. ;)

I don't use a DE, I get by with just a window manager (Openbox). I
hate drag-and-drop and huge taskbars that steal valuable screen
real-estate from my xterms. Here's a screenshot of how I get down:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmglov/621486271/

--
Cheers,
Josh