[tlug] Re: Quoting for Thread Breaking Digest Replies

 On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:33:29 -0400,
 "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote
 in <87k5ttcjko.fsf@example.com>:
> Well, that depends on whether he's getting MIME digests or
> not.  If he's getting MIME digests and has even a halfway
> MUA, it will explode that into a folder containing ordinary
> messages, and the relevant headers will be present in that
> case.  It's only RFC 934/1153 digests that typically lose them.

MIME digests are nice, but do not survive the firewall.
I get the plain text digests.

> Now, I went and did some forensics on Ken's message.  Ken,
> this is not your fault, but Donald Knuth on a bicycle, what
> is this!!!?!?  信じら れファキンない!

Not sure.  I got bakamoji at this end.  I have discovered though,
that nine times out of ten if I copy and paste the bakamoji
into notepad or similar and save as ansi text in an HTML file,
I can tell IE to read it as UTF-8 and it becomes readable
Japanese text. ^^;  I don't recognise the words in this case.

It seems to be saying something is not there.