Re: [tlug] Re: Best to Leave the Titles Alone!

From: Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com>

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:00:32 +0900, "Gernot Hassenpflug" <aikishugyo@example.com> wrote:

Is is correct (i.e., does threading then work) to copy the title
verbatim from the digest index and paste it into our (in my case
Gmail) subject line?

No.

Threading has *nothing* to do with the subject header. Messages are
threaded according to relationships between Message-ID:, References:
and In-Reply-To: headers. /../

Or is there a better and more acceptable way?

The only way to thread correctly is to receive mailing list traffic as individual messages *and* to have a mail client that includes proper threading information in replies /../

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Gernot

--
Gernot Hassenpflug