Re: [tlug] lesser kernel rpm install

to install kernel-2.6.18-8.1.4.el5
when I am running
2.6.18-8.1.6.el5

do I just use the -f option on rpm

the lesser kernel has support for firewire which I'd like

What do you mean by this? Do you mean support for a particular firewire device was in the 2.6.18-8.1.4.el5 and has since been deprecated?

Also, to really do such a question justice we need more info. Distro,
device details that you are having problems with, what research you
have done so far (specifially how do you know the support that was
there is no longer there), and so on.

Answering these questions will go towards helping us help you. The
more info you can provide the better.

Regards, Keith