Re: [tlug] [OT?]A Hard Drive Question

On 16/06/07, Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:

Josh, is it that other FS types won't work, or you simply prefer XFS?

No, any FS type supported by the kernel will work. Why wouldn't it? As you pointed out, Unices tend to handle USB mass storage devices as SCSI disks, so any filesystem that is applicable there will work.

I mentioned XFS because it is the only one I have personally put on a
USB HDD. I felt it was a good choice for its journalling properties.

--
Cheers,
Josh