[tlug] WWWJDIC backdoor issue

The WWWJDIC backdoor[1] used to work quite well for me with a Firefox
quick search:

http://www.aa.tufs.ac.jp/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1MUJ%s

But recently, it has started giving me an error. e.g.

http://www.aa.tufs.ac.jp/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1MUJ%20%E5%A5%BD%E3%81%8F

gives me:

"Warning: the romaji key  åã did not convert correctly. Try again?"

Of course, this works:

http://www.aa.tufs.ac.jp/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1MUJsuku

But I wonder why the UTF-8 method doesn't work with Japanese text any
more. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a recent bug in WWWJDIC?

Hopefully some TLUGger can point out my stupid mistake before Jim
Breen sees this email and wastes his time with it. ;)

Cheers,
Josh

[1] http://www.aa.tufs.ac.jp/~jwb/wwwjdicinf.html#backdoor_tag