Re: [tlug] Request for assistance to establish LUGs contact in Okinawa

Dear Edward,

Thanks for pointing it out.  We are very much willing to contact the wiki masters that your have indicated.

We would like everybody to understand that we do not necessarily favor heavily on contacting only Okinawa LUGs for this matter.  It is just that an  IOSN ASEAN+3 official will be in the area attending an event on June 14 to 16 and that we would like to maximize the stay by networking with local LUGs by meeting up with their representatives.

As the United Nations Development Programme's IOSN ASEAN+3 has a geographical mandate to 13 countries within the Asia-Pacific region, we welcome all FOSS advocates (user groups, developers, etc.) to get in touch with us to further promote FOSS awareness and sustain capacity-building in this part of the world.  Plese visit our website at http://www.iosn.net for additional information.

Again, our gratitude to your assistance and interest.

Yours truly,

Francis

On 6/6/07, emiddleton@example.com <emiddleton@example.com > wrote:
Francisco Sarmiento III wrote:
> We have initially tried to contact Okinawa LUG via its mailing list
> but we have not received any reply from them so we thought of emailing
> other Japan LUGs who would consider to help us connect to Okinawa.  We
> will send an email in Nihonggo within the week.

It is quite possible they are no longer active.  Looking at what I
presume is Okinawa LUG's wiki site[1], the last event listed was in
2003/06/28.
The wiki masters ( ZUKERAN, shin[2]) lists shin@example.com as a contact
address.  Perhaps he might be able to provide you with further assistance.

Edward

1.
http://www.olug.gr.jp/?OLUG%A4%CE%B4%D8%A4%EF%A4%C3%A4%BF%A5%A4%A5%D9%A5%F3%A5%C8
2. http://www.zukeran.org/shin/index-e.html

--
Francisco "Francis"  E. Sarmiento III, MD
Project Support Officer

University of the Philippines Manila-National Telehealth Center
3rd Floor I.T. Complex, Dietary Building, PGH Compound
Taft Avenue, 1000 MANILA, Philippines
Telefax no:  +00 63 2 5256501
Mobile: +63 915 8501111
Website:  http://www.iosn.net