Re: [tlug] Installing Linux on an Asus laptop

2007-06-05 (火曜日) 22:48、David Bernat さんは書きました:
> Mattia Dongili wrote:
> > so it installs successfully?
>
> Each installation succeeds.
>
> > disable any framebuffer mode? kind of 'nofb' on the kernel command
> > line.
>
> So far I've been unable to log in even as _root_.

So, it sounds like the console is working fine, and you are just having
problems with Xorg... ?

I would suggest simplifying your xorg.conf as much as possible.  Comment out
all (unnecessary) modules (as well as the DRI section at the bottom).  Once
you get it to work, you can then uncomment modules that you want (one at a
time) to determine which ones work and which one(s) cause the system to
crash.

If your system still crashes when the extra modules are commented out, then I
would suggest trying out the generic VESA video driver:
	http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man4/vesa.4.html

If that fails, you may want to try out FreeBSD.  Here is a LiveCD:
	http://www.freesbie.org/
/me ducks

Good luck!

Travis