[tlug] cups and networking

So, I got the Brother HL-2040, awfully exciting. It didn't quite
auto-detect, but I got the test page printing locally from my server by
installing the Brother RPMs, and following their instructions. I also
added it to Samba but haven't tested if that works yet.

Now I'm trying to use it from my linux workstation. I installed the RPMs
again on this machine, and followed these instructions:
 http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/cups_network.html

It didn't complain, but when I try to print a test page I get:
 [Job 479] Network host 'myserver' is busy, down, or unreachable; will
retry in 30 seconds...

I checked the logs locally and just see the above error message. I
cannot see anything related in the server logs, though I may not be
looking in the correct places.

Could someone give me a hint where I should be looking to fix this (e.g.
remote cups config, local cups config, firewall, somewhere else...) or
how I narrow down the problem? Thanks! (Unfortunately the configuration
I had for the previous printer, which did work, seems to have been
overwritten in one of my attempts; I don't even remember if I was using
cups or not.)

Darren

--
Darren Cook