[tlug] Japanese input in Wine

TLUG,

While I'm currently working on getting Japanese input with Java, I find myself in a situation where Japanese input in Wine would be really helpful to my work.

I followed instructions here:

And it's had some success. I'm running Photoshop, and I can see some Japanese displaying in the user interface. I feel I'm tantalizingly close.

But I can't actually input Japanese. It doesn't respond to UIM/Anthy. If I copy and paste, the text is invisible (no moji-bake, no squares, just not there).

I realize that Wine involves a lot of Voodoo, and this is kind of a long shot. But I just wondered if anyone here has had success in getting Japanese input in Wine.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04