[tlug] Re: "Long Live Portable OGG-Players"

On 4/26/07, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
iPod's are taking over to the point of exclusion of everything else!
Shudder-shudder-shudder!  About a year ago, when I went to Yodobashi
Camera in Shinjuku to buy a sound file player that would play OGG
files, there was a pretty even mix of things from different companies,
but when I went back to the same store last week, I was unpleasantly
surprised to see something like 95% of the display space taken up with
those bloody iPods.

I went back to Yodobashi Camera in Shinjuku (Nishi-Guchi side) and had a more careful look at the the MP3 players on display. It seems I overstated the state of the world's being overrun with iPods a bit. There were examples from several different manufacturers, but not many I would like to buy. I like the Creative ones, except they only play MP3's (and that horrible brand-W format), and there are the Cowon (iAudio) ones that play OGG and FLAC files. I picked up one of the iAudio ones - hopefully it won't stop working properly after a couple of months like the last two I bought....

Lyle