Re: [tlug] Open archives are bad?

On 4/21/07, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:
So, I guess I'm wondering if there existed then, or exists now, a good
justification for the public password system.

If not, I would vote for the archives to be opened that much more for
the search engines, so that the knowledge here can be put into the
larger pool.

Is good, no?

It seems to me that we might be adding more noise than content without peer review. At least that is the impression I get when reviewing the archive. Much of the knowledge base is time critical, thus of questionable value. I suppose if you want to toot your horn and expand the who's who in TLUG's meritocracy then it might be useful.

If you want a better solution, I suggest moving the mailing list to
google groups and be done with it. Start anew seem like a good idea.

--Uva