[tlug] Why the shirts? Why TLUG?

Okay, so it's nice to get together for a beer or three, and I've gotten a couple of technical questions answered, but... Maybe the real problem is that my motivations are too negative. For example, I am strongly motivated to stop spammers, and it really bothers me that I haven't done more to stop them. (But if you can recommend a good Japanese lawyer, I might go after one particularly annoying spammer... I'd sure like to make an example of him and his ISP.) I don't feel as negatively towards Microsoft, but there's certainly no love lost there, and I admit that my interest in Linux is thus primarily a negative thing, too, as an alternative to Microsoft.

Earlier, I've asked both directly and indirectly about the purposes of TLUG. There have been a number of answers, mostly contradictory. Some people want 'quality, not quantity', and I take that as a different kind of negative motivation, but one I don't share. Other people just want to have fun, whatever that means in the context of Linux. For myself, I can say that I do like learning new things, but I'm not as interested in the software tools as I used to be, and I mostly see tool study as overhead. Is teaching fun? Well, if that's how you feel, that would seem to argue for seeking more newbies... Some people are apparently terrified of alternative donations (apart from beer money), others say the club has no need of money, and meanwhile we have this new shirt project. Are they to be sold exactly at cost? Whatever. So far there have been few clear responses.

Maybe my interests are simply too divergent from the interests of most TLUG folks? If so, then I should be looking elsewhere. Can anyone recommend an alternative Linux group that is more focused on seizing the current window of opportunity against Vista? I see there's a LinuxWorld Expo next month (and I just registered for it), but I haven't found any links to alternative Linux groups in Japan (including searching in the TLUG website).