Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop? SOLVED
- Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:17:31 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop? SOLVED
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <B6461A92-189D-4175-ACBC-16BFB287B68E@example.com>
Micheal Cooper writes: > On 2007/04/12, at 16:36, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote: > > > Not if you use Microsoft Office for Mac. Maybe they've fixed it more > > recently (I think my copy is two years old), but true MSFT Office is > > the only app I have that consistently generates mojibake. > I haven't seen any mojibake on it, I was specifically referring to file names. They show up OK in the title bar when first opened but there's some way of saving them (perhaps under a new name, and it may have to do with a length restriction) where they get written to the directory I suspect in shit-JIS. Of course Mac file system doesn't know shit-JIS from a hole in the ground (it's UTF-8), so after that nothing gets them right.
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop? SOLVED
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop? SOLVED
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Printer Not Responding [SOLVED]
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links