Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Seriously? No undo for rm? No trash bin? [SOLVED]
- Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:59:16 +0900
- From: Dave M G <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Seriously? No undo for rm? No trash bin? [SOLVED]
- References: <4619FAFB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (X11/20070403)
Keith, Attila, Brenton, Stephen, Godwin, TLUG,
Ubuntu must have had some alias for rm so that it moved stuff to the .Trash directory.
Or perhaps, in some haze of configurations early on I set it up without remembering (though I really doubt it).
Or, also likely, I'm completely insane and my memory is just pure fiction. I was just so sure, though.
In any case, thanks for the clarifications and suggestions.
Fortunately, I do have reasonably recent backups. From the looks of the information I'm seeing on recovery options, the least amount of work is to take the recent backup and simply redo the work that I had done since backing up. Not a happy solution, but a reasonable one.
At least Windows taught me one good habit: frequent backups.
Thanks for all your support and information.
-- Dave M G Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn Kernel 2.6.20-14-generic Pentium D Dual Core Processor
- [tlug] Seriously? No undo for rm? No trash bin?
- From: Dave M G
- Re: [tlug] Seriously? No undo for rm? No trash bin?
- From: Keith Bawden
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] SD Card not appearing on desktop. Again.
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Seriously? No undo for rm? No trash bin?
- Next by thread: [tlug] [announcement] 4/13 TLUG nomikai
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links